1. ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary. Only residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut are eligible to enter the “Marvel's The Avengers” Sweepstakes (hereinafter the “Sweepstakes”). Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Employees of Wildlife Conservation Society (the "Sponsor"), Newsday LLC (the "Administrator"), advertising, prize fulfillment and promotion agencies, parent companies, service providers, agents, officers, subsidiaries or affiliates, or any other persons or entities directly associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of the immediate families of and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
2. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 3:00 P.M. Eastern Time on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 and ends at 11:00 A.M. Eastern Time on Tuesday, April 24, 2012.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, go to bronxzoo.com/avengers during the Sweepstakes Entry Period and follow the links and instructions to completely fill out the online entry form, and submit in accordance with the on-screen instructions. All entries must be submitted online. Mailed or hard copy entries will not be accepted. All entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Failure to submit all required information and submissions in the manner required in these Official Rules may result in disqualification. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person, per household, and per e-mail account. If multiple entries are received from the same e-mail account or address, only the first entry will be considered and subsequent entries will be disqualified. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. By entering, contestants release the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property that may be sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes entry and ownership or use of the prize.
4. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive round trip coach air travel for four (4) from a major airport near winner’s home to any major US domestic airport (departure and arrival airport shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); five (5) nights’ standard (one room, quadruple occupancy) hotel accommodations at any tier 6 or less Wyndham Hotel Group ("WHG") property within the 50 domestic US states; and one hundred thousand (100,000) Wyndham Rewards points redeemable for four (4) $100 gift cards from a variety of retailers (subject to Wyndham Rewards terms and conditions and certain other restrictions including expiration date; terms and conditions can be viewed at www.wyndhamrewards.com).
Hotel, airfare and gift cards will be awarded in the form of Wyndham Rewards points from WHG. The Grand Prize winner will receive a total of 875,000 Wyndham Rewards points as follows: airfare for four (4) - each 150,000 Wyndham Rewards points (together 600,000 Wyndham Rewards points); five (5) nights’ hotel accommodations at a WHG tier 6 or less property - each night 35,000 Wyndham Rewards points (together 175,000 Wyndham Rewards points); four (4) gift cards -: each 25,000 Wyndham Rewards points (together 100,000 Wyndham Rewards points).
In order to redeem the Wyndham Rewards points, Grand Prize winner must be or become a member of Wyndham Rewards and comply with all terms and conditions of Wyndham Rewards. There is no cost associated with membership. Membership in the Wyndham Rewards loyalty program and redemption of Wyndham Rewards points are subject to terms and conditions and other restrictions including expirations dates; terms and conditions and further details are available at www.wyndhamrewards.com.
Grand Prize winners are responsible for booking their travel and hotel nights, and those of their travel companions on www.wyndhamrewards.com or may contact Wyndham Rewards Member Services at 1.866.996.7937. Once a potential winner is verified as the Grand Prize winner, he/she will be notified by e-mail or telephone by Wyndham Rewards Member Services (the method of notification being at Sponsor’s sole discretion). Failure to respond within two (2) business days after transmission to the potential Grand Prize winner or return of the e-mail notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Winner and winner’s travel companions must redeem the prize within one (1) year of notification; otherwise prize will be forfeited. Winner is responsible for all costs associated with round trip travel from his/her home to the major airport near winner’s home. Sponsor will determine flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel and accommodations are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Unless child of winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel companion (if under 18, winner on his/her child’s behalf) must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Other travel and accommodation restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the winner’s residence and any airport of origin, alcoholic beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls.
The estimated retail value includes $2,400 for airfare, $1,400 for hotel stay, and $400 in gift cards; totaling $4,200 for the Grand Prize trip. All benefits and payments are personal to the winner and are not redeemable for cash and neither assignable nor transferable.
Ten (10) runner-up winners will each receive one (1) family four pack of passes to the 3D advance screening of MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS. The estimated retail value of each runner up prize is $60.00. Runner up winners will be able to screen MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS in 3D at either at AMC Empire 25 in Manhattan, NY on 5/1/12 or Regal Farmingdale in Farmingdale, NY on 5/2/12.
Estimated retail value of all prizes: $4,800.00
If a prizewinner does not accept the prize, prize will be forfeited by such winner. The Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such winner. Sponsor may select an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries in its sole discretion and provided ample time remains to award the prize. Prize does not include any travel expenses, insurances of any kind, personal expenses, gratuities, incidental charges or any other costs not specifically described in these Official Rules as part of the prize and will be the responsibility of the winner and/or his/her guest. In the unlikely event that the prize or any part of the prize events/components becomes unavailable, for any reason whatsoever, the prize winner agrees that the Sponsor and its agents shall have no further obligations other than to deliver the remainder of the prize, if any. Any difference between the stated value and the actual value of either prize will not be awarded to the winner.
5. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: A random drawing from among a pool of all eligible entries received will be made on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 to determine the Grand Prize winner and runner-up winners. Winners will be notified via email or telephone on or about Tuesday, April 24, 2012. If potential winners cannot be reached by the email address or telephone number provided on the entry, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, the next eligible entry chosen randomly from among the remaining entries received will be awarded the prize. All entries, including without limitation all entry information, become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable Federal, state and local laws and regulations. All taxes (including, but not limited to, income taxes) are the sole responsibility of winners. Prizewinners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”). Sponsor may provide an Affidavit/Release to winners on arrival to pick up their tickets, or via fax or e-mail. Non-compliance may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be chosen. Return of prize, prize notification, or Affidavit/Release as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities and their licensees and affiliates to use the winner’s name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation on-line, unless and to the extent prohibited by law. All entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor at its sole discretion reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes without notice, without liability. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. Other restrictions may apply.
7. DISCLAIMERS: By entering, entrants agree to release the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all losses or injuries of any kind arising out of their acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of the prize, their participation in the Sweepstakes, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network and/or transmission line, computer on-line system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, hardware, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, illegible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Entrants also agree that the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant or third person’s computer system related to or resulting from Sweepstakes and its prize. The Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for damage to a user’s computer system in any way due to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading any information in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation any server failure, lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction.
The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable to winners or any other persons for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, epidemic or pandemic, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond the Sweepstakes Entities’ reasonable control.
8. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. Any attempt to damage or undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes will result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes.
9. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK AND: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION BROUGHT BY ENTRANT ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS SITUATED IN NEW YORK COUNTY, NEW YORK, (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS BROUGHT BY ENTRANT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, (C) NO PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, MAY BE AWARDED, AND (D) ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM SPECIAL DAMAGES AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE SUCH DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED.
11. PRIZE SUPPLIERS: Marvel Worldwide, Inc., 135 West 50th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10020 and Wyndham Hotel Group, LLC, 22 Sylvan Way Parsippany, NJ 07054.
12. RULES/WINNERS’ LIST: For an additional copy of these Official Rules or a prize winner listing, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope specifying which contest you are requesting, to Administrator at: Newsday Contests: Prize Winner Listing, 235 Pinelawn Road, Melville NY 11747. All requests for rules and winners lists must be received by June 1, 2012.